The ALSONIC-DAVM area velocity flow meter is designed for applications in full or
partially full pipes 150 – 6000 mm (6-240 inches) in diameter, or open channels with flow
widths 200-10000mm (8-400 inches) and depths of 20-10000 mm (3/4-400 inches). lt
uses advanced Doppler profiling technology to directly measure velocity profiles making it
the best choice for sites with nonuniform, rapidly changing, backwatered, near-zero, negative or reverse flow conditions.
This eliminates the need for onsite calibration, thereby reducing significantly the cost of installation. Used in conjunction with an integral upward-looking ultrasonic or a secondary external pressure sensor (optional) for determining the depth, the meter uses a numerical model for averaged velocity in the entire cross-section and the continuity equation to calculate flow. Information on the level, velocity, flow, temperature, conductivity, and position offset can be taken from the transmitter/flow computer or directly from the sensor. This meter will log up to 16GB of data. In addition, the flow meter can control a sampler in a flow-proportional sampling mode by means of pulse output.
- Primarily used for sewers and channels with heavy particles of up to 40%
- Available for open channel diameters of 150 – 6000 mm (6-240) inches with depths of 20-10000 mm (3/4-400 inches)
- IP68 transducer with both flow and level measurement, with mounting ring at bottom of channel
- Data logger function; includes date, totalizer, signal condition, etc.
- Available for both portable and fixed (wall mount) applications
- SDI-12 datalogger and GPRS options