Vortex flow sensing technology relies on measuring the number of vortex pulses generated by a bluff body immersed in the flow stream. The SMC Vortex meter uses dual sensor technology, producing two independent vortex signals which allow for signal amplification and common mode noise reduction.
Our sensors never touch the process fluid; the crystal sensors are bonded behind a stainless steel wall. The electronics pick up the slightest pressure pulsations generated by the vortices through the stainless steel wall. This design allows meters to have an extremely wide turndown while maintaining an almost unlimited upper end and a high pressure rating.
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications with steam, gas, and liquid medias
- No moving parts and no leak paths; no o-ring or graph oil seals to wear, fail or leak
- Two independent sensors, allowing for better signal ampliﬁcation and noise reduction
- Error messages displayed for or erratic flows and flows outside of calibrated ranges
- Field calibration possible with integral or remote electronics and keypad
- True 2-wire 4-20 mA interface
- Wide measuring range, turn-down ratio of 30:1
- Can measure at Reynolds Numbers ranging from 10,000 to 7,000,000
- Weatherproof multi-pole connector for power, signal and serial interface
- Area of measurement can be smaller than pipe connection for better rangeability