SmartMeasurement’s Alsonic DSP fixed-mount transit-time ultrasonic flowmeter uses clamp-on transducers for non-invasive liquid flow rate measurement. This clamp on flow meter uses our patented Fine Time measurement technology, which utilizes the meter’s ultrasonic beams to measure fluid velocity at pico-second time intervals. The rapid succession of velocity measurements enables accurate, drift-free flow measurement of ultraclean to dirty liquids containing up to 30% solids or gas bubbles.
The Alsonic ultrasonic flow meter’s DSP technology enables “cross correlation” of ideal signals to cancel extraneous noise and create a three-dimensional cross section of the flow velocity distribution profile of the medium flowing through the pipe. Using advanced technology available only from SmartMeasurement, an innovative “cross correlation mode” expands the Alsonic DSP’s measuring capabilities to include other applications previously measured only by Doppler meters, such as raw sewage, sludge, slurries, and other extremely attenuating multiphase fluids.
An optional dual-channel/dual-path model can be configured for a variety of uses. These specialized ultrasonic flow meters can be used for flow measurement in two different pipes, leak detection via measurements of two different locations on the same pipe, and dual-path measurement at one location for maximum accuracy.
Request a quote on an Alsonic DSP transit-time ultrasonic flow meter for your application. Contact SmartMeasurement to learn more.
- Color graphic LCD display (128 x 64) for flow, total & signal shape
- 4.0 Mbytes data logger with up to 200,000 data fields
- Velocities from ±0.03 to ±40 feet/sec (±0.01 to ± 12 m/s)
- Measures any liquids containing solids ≤ 30% suspended solids, including waste water
- Transducers available for pipe sizes from ½” to 240″ (15 to 6000 mm)
- Accuracies of ±1.0% of reading with single path and ±0.5% of reading with dual path
- Oscilloscope feature indicating three-dimensional analysis of the flow stream
- Touch-pad key function
- Patented Fine Time measurement technology
- Data logger function includes date, totalizer, and diagnostics
- Response time _ 1 second