The SmartMeasurement Alsonic DSPPL is a portable transit-time flow meter with clamp on transducers for non-invasive liquid measurement. This ultrasonic flow meter uses patented Fine Time measurement technology, making use of ultrasonic beams that can measure at pico-second time intervals. This rapid array of measurements enables accurate, drift-free flow rate measurement in liquids that contain a second phase of strained solids or gas bubbles.
The Alsonic DSPPL clamp on flow meter utilizes DSP technology, which enables “cross correlation” of ideal signals to cancel extraneous noise signals and creates a three-dimensional cross section of the velocity distribution profile of the medium flowing through the pipe.
DSP technology also enables the use of FFT (Fast Fourier Transforms) in order to generate the two signals at the same frequency. This increases the signal-to-noise ratio for accurate, drift-free flow measurement in liquids.
- Color graphic LCD display (128×64) for flow rate, total flow & signal shape
- 4.0 Mbytes data logger up to 200,000 data fields
- Velocities from 0.03 to 40 feet/sec (0.01 to ± 12 m/s)
- Measures flow rates for any liquid containing ≤ 30% suspended solids, including waste water
- NIST traceable calibration certificate
- High accuracy: ±1.0% of reading with single path, ±0.5% of reading with dual path
- Oscilloscope function for diagnostics
- Durable carrying case allows for portable use of the instrument
- Patented Fine Time measurement technology
- Data logger function includes date, totalizer, diagnostics
- Response time less than 1 second