The ALDPT-MV measures three separate process variables simultaneously and provides dynamic calculation of fully compensated mass flow rate for steam and liquids as well as standard volume flow for gases. It measures differential pressure and absolute pressure from a single sensor and process temperature from a standard PT 100 Resistance Temperature Detector (RTD). Flow calculation includes compensation of pressure and/or temperature as well as more complex variables such as discharge coefficient, thermal expansion, Reynolds number and compressibility factor.
The ALDPT-MV includes flow equations for steam, gases and liquids so that one model is all you need in your system. It can also measure static pressure with either integral or remote electronics and has an optional HART output. Many plants calculate mass flow in a host computer using a simplified mass flow equation. The ALDPT-MV provides full compensation of over 25 different parameters to achieve a 5X improvement in flow performance compared to uncompensated DP flow. The ALDPT-MV is ideally suited to work with SMC’s ACONE primary flow elements.
Request a quote today or contact SmartMeasurement to learn more about our Multi-Variable Differential Pressure Transmiters.
- Multi-parameter capablity in a single transmitter – up to three measured values
- May be used for level and flow measurement of gas, liquid and steam
- Modular: interchangeable electronics with self-reconfiguration
- Advanced diagnostics capabilities
- Dynamic flow correction with continuous calculation of Reynolds’s number and flow
- Displays process value(s) and alarm status
- Mass and standard volume flow in accordance with AGA 3 or DIN EN ISO 5167
- Convenient; configurable via local operating keypad
- Linearization of the primary elements
- Analog 4～20 mA DC two wire linear output
- HART protocol