SmartMeasurement’s ALSONIC-EG energy meters employ the proven transit-time ultrasonic flow measurement technique combined with two PT 100 temperature sensors (or customer-supplied RTD sensors) for calculating total and instantaneous energy consumption. Flow measurement may be achieved via clamp-on, spool piece, or insertion-type sensors. Our microprocessor based, user friendly field programmable flow measurement technique creates no interruption of the process flow and allows for easy installation. The ALSONIC-EG is available with a variety of features that make it adaptable to many different applications. Available transducer types include clamp-on, in-line, and insertion. Wall-mount, panel-mount , pipe-mounted and compact din-rail mounted display types are also offered. Additional available features include pulse, 0-20 mA & 4-20 mA outputs, RS-232 communication, user-selectable engineering units, and a data logger function. This variety of features, combined with its low cost, make the ALSONIC-EG an ideal choice for economical BTU monitoring in many applications involving chillers, radiators, and heat exchangers.
- Measures energy consumption rate and total
- Compact or wall mount version
- Proven ultrasonic technology for flow measurement and reliable PT 100 RTDs for temperature measurement
- Clamp-on, spool piece or insertion mounting for flow measurement
- Wide range of fluid velocities – 0.03 ~ ± 105 feet/sec.
- Transducers for pipe sizes ranging from ½” to 240″ (13 to 6000 mm)
- High accuracy – ±0.5% of reading
- RS485 and Modbus communication protocols available
- 4-20 mA and pulse outputs with available relays and alarms
- Data logger function – includes time & date, totalizer, diagnostics
- Fast response time – less than 1 second
- NIST traceable calibration certificate