ALSONIC Building Automation Water meters employ transit-time ultrasonic flow technology and are designed for domestic water metering. The no-moving parts design of the ultrasonic meter gives the ALSONIC-BAWM a number of advantages over traditional water meters that employ mechanical measurement techniques. These advantages include superior particle tolerance for dirty-water applications, excellent low flow sensitivity for leak detection applications, and the improved longevity and lower cost of ownership that results from the no-moving parts design.
The ALSONIC-BAWM is available with a brass body and NPT threaded process connections for ½” through 1½” sizes and a carbon steel body with ANSI or DIN flanges for sizes ranging from 2″ through 12”. All meters come with an alphanumeric LCD that displays flow rate, totals, leakage alarm, reverse flow, and diagnostic codes. A variety of industry standard communication protocols including 4-20 mA, pulse, M-Bus, RS-485/Modbus, and RF may be selected. These features all combine to make the ALSONIC-BAWM an ideal choice for new construction as well as replacement of older mechanical water meters for service in harsh environments where the domestic water system may have particles or scale present. Unlike conventional water meters, this device introduces virtually no pressure drop and it’s accuracy doesn’t degrade over time
Request a quote on an Alsonic BAWM ultrasonic flow meter for your application. Contact SmartMeasurement to learn more.
- Alphanumeric LCD display for flow rate, totalized flow, and a variety of diagnostics
- Maintenance free construction; durable brass or cast iron body & no-moving-parts design
- Temperature compensaton for cold water and hot water up to 176°F (80°C)
- ½” – 2” threaded connections, 2”-12” ANSI or DIN flanged
- Complies with OIML R49 / ISO 4064 Class D, ANSI / AWWA C708 & NSF 61 Annex G
- SDI-12 datalogger and GPRS options
- Can be integrated with AMR systems via M-Bus or RS-485/Modbus
- NEMA 6P / IP68 rating; fully submersible
- 2 year data logger with 700 daily and 24 monthly totals
- Battery life in excess of 6 years
- NIST traceable calibration certificate
- Built-in diagnostics