Vortex flow sensing technology relies on measuring the number of vortex pulses generated by a bluff body immersed in the flow stream. The SMC Vortex meter uses dual sensor technology, producing two independent vortex signals which allows for signal amplification and common mode noise reduction. The ALVT-mass is our multivariable vortex meter with a high-accuracy velocity sensor, a precision platinum RTD temperature sensor, and a pressure transducer with flow outputs for both volumetric and mass flow rates.
Our sensors never touch the process fluid; the piezo electric crystal flow sensors are bonded behind a stainless steel wall. The electronics pick up the slightest pressure pulsations generated by the vortices through the stainless steel wall. This design allows meters to have an extremely wide turndown while maintaining an almost unlimited upper end and a high-pressure rating.
- Includes velocity, temperature and pressure transducers to calculate mass flow rates
- Suitable for a wide variety of applications with steam, gas, and liquid medias
- No moving parts and no leak paths; no O-ring or graph oil seals to wear, fail or leak
- Two independent piezo-electric sensors, allowing for better signal ampliﬁcation and noise reduction
- Error messages displayed for erratic flows and flows outside of calibrated ranges
- Field calibration possible with integral or remote electronics and keypad
- True 2-wire 4-20 mA interface
- Wide measuring range, turn-down ratio of 30:1
- Can measure at Reynolds Numbers ranging from 10,000 to 7,000,000
- Weather proof multi-pole connector for power, signal and serial interface
- Available in both integral or remote mass flow versions