The SMC ALBRPD flowmeter features two precisely machined rotating members known as helical rotors which rotate and mesh within the meter’s interior housing in order to form a measuring chamber of known volume which may be used to accurately determine volumetric flow rate as a funtion of the rotors’ velocity. The helical rotors’ motion is transmitted to the display via a sealed coupling & drive system that enables the display to provide accurate data for both flow rate and total accumulated flow. The unique helical rotor design provides a number of advantages over traditional gear-type PD meters including reduced pressure drop, the virtual elimination of down-stream pulsations, enhanced particle tolerance, and reduced maintenance. The advantages provided by the helical rotor make the ALBRPD an ideal choice for many applications including oil-in-water media and fluids with small ammounts of entrained solids.
Request a quote on an ALBRPD positive displacement flow meter for your application. Contact SmartMeasurement to learn more.
Click image to enlarge
- Superior accuracy – to 0.1% of reading over 30:1 turn-down
- Uniform rotation means low pressure loss
- No metal-to-metal contact provides for long service lifetime
- Very low noise and vibration
- Reduced number of parts reduces maintenance requirements
- Rugged double case construction prevents loss of calibration due to changes in pressure or temperature
- NIST traceable calibration certificate