The SmartMeasurement ALOVPD Oval gear flowmeter features two precisely machined rotating elliptical (oval) gears which rotate and mesh within the meter’s interior housing in order to form a measuring chamber of known volume which may be used to accurately determine volumetric flow rate as a function of the gears’ velocity. The design of the oval gear meter makes it an ideal choice for high viscosity and high pressure applications as it provides superior accuracy while offering reduced pressure drop versus traditional circular-gear type PD meters. The ALOVPD meter comes with a rugged battery-powered display module that indicates flow rate and totalized flows in user-configurable engineering units.
Click image to enlarge
- Superior accuracy – to 0.5% of reading with ±0.03% repeatability
- Elliptical gear design provides low pressure loss
- Meter body is available in CS (Std), 304SS or 316SS
- Bearings are available in CS (Std), 304SS or 316SS as well as Alnico
- Will accommodate pressures of up to 870 psig (60 bar)
- Will accommodate viscosities of up to 1000 cP